AIESEC Internship - Leonardo da Vinci

On this blog you will find all the juicy AIESEC - Leonardo da Vinci experiences of the great 20 young people enjoying live in a foreign country!!!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Lia - Olsztyn, post no 1

Hello,

It's my second week of work in Poland.
The reception was good, also the accomodation. Congrats to LC Olsztyn!!!

I work for the Foundation for Local Democracy in Poland (FDRL). The
working hours are 9.00 to 15.00; actually the schedule is very flexible.

The working conditions are very good, I have everything I need for the
project and the colleagues are very friendly and helpful.
The Foundation is the largest non-governmental organization in Poland
which supports the development of local governance and targeted at local
government staff and councilpersons, NGO representatives, journalists,
teachers, youth, employees of small and medium enterprises and also
individuals who are unemployed or face the threat of unemployment. The
foundation extended its activities beyond the borders of Poland,
especially in the developing countries.
My mission is to facilitate partnerships between the Foundation for Local
Democracy and NGOs in Romania.

During these two weeks I got accustomed to the structure, work and
regulations of the organization. I've got info about the FDRL's main
projects and activities and also about the activities and projects of
other NGO's in Olsztyn. I studied materials about the path of development
of the civil society movement in Poland and the differences that exist
between the civil society in Romania and Poland.

I followed up the FRDL's main projects to understand its objectives. Based
on the knowledge I gathered about FDRL I made a detailed management
plan that will both help me and the Foundation meet our expectations and
achieve our goals related to this internship and further.

There were no major problems. What I didn't like at all is that we, Leonardo trainees, didn't receive receipts for the Reception Weekend in Kielce. We need them to justify our cultural expenses.

Have a nice week,
Lee




_________________________
Lia STELEA
Foundation in Support of Local Democracy - Olsztyn, Poland
ul. Pieniê¿nego 10 Olsztyn 10-686
Website: http://www.frdl.org.pl/english/index_e.htm
Office Phone: +48.89.5218781-(16)
Fax: +48.89.5218854-(13)

>>>Keep Flying!<<<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home